Affiliate/Referral Terms and Conditions
Document last updated on: 06/01/2014
This agreement (the “Agreement) is made between Empire Kred Pty Ltd. (the “Company”), and the Affiliate or Referrer (the "Affiliate"), and collectively, the “Parties”, for participation in the Company’s affiliate program. If Affiliate does not want to participate in the affiliate program, please disregard the following agreement.
Affiliate wishes to include certain materials promoting Company, and to include a link to Company’s website within those materials on Affiliate’s website, service or correspondence, electronic or otherwise;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises, covenants, warranties, and other good and valuable consideration set forth herein, the Parties agree as follows:
1. Promotional Materials. Company shall make available to Affiliate certain banner advertisements, button links, text links, and/or other graphic or textual material for display, print or use on the Affiliate website, service or correspondence (the “Promotional Materials”). Affiliate shall display the Promotional Materials on Affiliate’s website, service or correspondence prominently and as Affiliate sees fit, provided that the manner of display shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Affiliate shall also include a link from the Promotional Materials to Company’s website, as specified by Company.
2. Use of Promotional Materials. The Affiliate’s use and display of the Promotional Materials on the Affiliate’s website, service or correspondence shall conform to the following terms, conditions and specifications:
a. Affiliate may not use any graphic, textual or other materials to promote Company’s website, products or services other than the Promotional Materials, unless Company agrees to such other materials in writing prior to their display.
b. Affiliate may only use the Promotional Materials for the purpose of promoting Company’s website (and the products and services available thereon), and for linking to Company’s website.
c. Affiliate will not alter, add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the Promotional Materials as they are prepared by Company. If Affiliate wishes to alter or otherwise modify the Promotional Materials, Affiliate must obtain prior written consent from Company for such alteration of modification.
d. The Promotional Materials will be used to link only to Company’s website, to the specific page and address as specified by Company.
3. License. Company hereby grants to Affiliate a nonexclusive, nontransferable license (the “License”) to use the Promotional Materials as specified under the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The term of the License shall expire upon the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
4. Intellectual Property. Company retains all right, ownership, and interest in the Promotional Materials, and in any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property in the Promotional Materials. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to grant Affiliate any rights, ownership or interest in the Promotional Materials, or in the underlying intellectual property, other than the rights to use the Promotional Materials granted under the License, as set forth in Section 3.
5. Relationship of Parties. This Agreement shall not be construed to create any employment relationship, agency relationship, or partnership between Company and Affiliate. Affiliate shall provide services for Company as an independent contractor. Affiliate shall have no authority to bind Company into any agreement, nor shall Affiliate be considered to be an agent of Company in any respect.
a. In exchange for Affiliate’s display of the Promotional Materials, and for Affiliate’s compliance with and performance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Company shall pay to Affiliate a commission (the “Commission”) in the amount of a percentage of product sold to a user that accesses Company’s website through a link on Affiliate’s website, service or correspondence. This percentage is subject to change by the Company at any time. Notification to Affiliate of any change in commission percentage will be given by Company at the email address on hand for the Affiliate or via access to any Affiliate management site, service or tool provided to the Affiliate by the Company. Commission will be based on purchases made by a user based on the offers made available to the Affiliate by the Company on any Affiliate management site, service or tool.
b. Company shall keep accurate and up-to-date records of the data used to determine the total amount of Commissions owed to Affiliate. Affiliate shall be given reasonable access to these records upon request, and is available through the affiliate provided to the Affiliate on enrollment by the Company. Any discrepancy between the amount of Commissions owed according to these records, and the actual amount of Commissions paid to Affiliate in any period or periods shall be rectified by Company within 14 days of discovering such discrepancy.
c. Commissions are held for a period of 2 months from any purchase to protect Company in the event of any chargeback that may occur. Company shall pay all Commissions accrued and payable to Affiliate within 7 days of the first day of each month (the “Commission Payment Date”). If on any Commission Payment Date, the amount of total Commissions accrued and payable to Affiliate is less than $100.00, then such accrued and payable balance shall be held over each month to the following month until such time as the amount matches or exceeds $100.00. Payment is made via the methods setup by the Affiliate with the Company.
d. In the event that Affiliate materially breaches this Agreement and Company terminates this Agreement within 30 days of such breach, then any accrued and payable Commissions owing to Affiliate shall be forfeited, and Company shall not be obligated to pay such Commissions to Affiliate.
7. Affiliate’s Representations and Warranties. Affiliate represents and warrants the following:
a. Affiliate has the legal authority to enter into this Agreement and to be bound to the promises, covenants, and other duties set forth in this Agreement.
b. Affiliate’s website, service or correspondence does not contain any materials that are:
- Offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene or inappropriate language;
- Obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content;
- Tobacco products;
- Ammunition, firearms, paintball guns, bb guns, or weapons of any kind;
- Gambling, including without limitation, any online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker without authorization from Empire.Kred;
- Scams, illegal activity, pyramid schemes, or chain letters;
- Contests and sweepstakes unless given permission by Empire.Kred to do so; if permission is given, you are subject to the Empire.Kred applicable regulations and guidelines
- Get rich quick and other money making opportunities that offer compensation for little or no investment, including money making schemes positioned as alternatives to part-time or full-time employment;
- Adult content, including nudity, sexual terms and/or images of people in positions or activities that are excessively suggestive or sexual, or provocative images in violation of community standards;
- Adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis;
- Adult toys, videos, or other adult products;
- Uncertified pharmaceutical products;
- Spy cams or illegal surveillance equipment;
- Web-based non-accredited colleges that offer degrees
- Inflammatory religious content;
- Politically religious agendas and/or any known associations with hate, criminal and/or terrorist activities;
- Content that exploits political agendas or uses "hot button" issues for commercial use regardless of whether the advertiser has a political agenda;
- Hate speech, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex,
creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
or language of such individual or group;
- Content that advocates against any organization, person, or group of people, with the exception of candidates running for public office;
- Content that depicts a health condition in a derogatory or inflammatory way or misrepresents a health condition in any way
c. Affiliate has obtained any necessary clearances, licenses, or other permission for any intellectual property used on Affiliate’s website, service or correspondence. Nothing on Affiliate’s website, service or correspondence infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any person or entity. No person or entity has brought or threatened an action claiming such infringement, nor does Affiliate have any reason to believe that any person or entity will bring or threaten such a claim in the future.
d. Affiliate will not use the Promotional Materials in any manner other than those set forth in Section 2 above.
e. Affiliate will not make any claim to ownership of the Promotional Materials, or of the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property therein.
f. Affiliate will not publish or otherwise distribute any advertising materials for Affiliate’s website, service or correspondence that reference Company or Company’s website, services or products unless Company gives prior written consent to the distribution of such materials. Affiliate will not use Company’s name (or any name that is confusingly similar to Company’s name) for any purpose on its website, in its promotional materials, or in any other context except to promote Company’s website, services and products as specified in this Agreement. Affiliate will not register any domain name that incorporates Company’s name, or that is confusingly similar to Company’s name.
g. Affiliate will not engage in the distribution of any unsolicited bulk emails (spam) in any way mentioning or referencing Company or Company’s website.
8. Indemnification. Affiliate shall indemnify Company and hold harmless Company from any claim, damage, lawsuit, action, complaint, or other costs arising out of any breach of Affiliate’s warranties set forth in Section 7 above. Affiliate shall also indemnify and hold harmless Company for any damage, loss or other cost arising out of the use or misuse by Affiliate of the Promotional Materials.
9. Confidentiality. Any information that Affiliate is exposed to by virtue of its relationship with Company under this Agreement, which information is not available to the general public, shall be considered to be “Confidential Company Information.” Affiliate may not disclose any Confidential Company Information to any person or entity, except where compelled by law, unless Affiliate obtains prior written consent for such disclosure from Company.
a. This Agreement shall take effect immediately, and shall remain in full force and effect indefinitely, or until terminated pursuant to this Section 10.
b. Either Party shall have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time and for any cause. The terminating Party must give written notice to the other Party at least 30 days prior to the intended date of termination.
11. Taxes. Company shall not be responsible for any taxes owed by Affiliate arising out of Affiliate’s relationship with Company as set forth in this Agreement. Company shall not withhold any taxes from the Commissions paid to Affiliate.
12. Limitation of Liability. Company shall not be liable for any loss of profits or costs, or for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including costs associated with the procurement of substitute goods or services (whether Company was or should have been aware or advised of the possibility of such damage), arising out of or associated with any loss, suspension or interruption of service, termination of this Agreement, use or misuse of the Promotional Materials, or other performance of services under this Agreement.
13. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in several counterparts, each of which shall constitute an original and all of which, when taken together, shall constitute one agreement.
14. Severability. If any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, and if limiting such provision would make the provision valid, then such provision shall be deemed to be construed as so limited.
15. Headings. The headings for section herein are for convenience only and shall not affect the meaning of the provisions of this Agreement.
16. Governing Law. This Agreement is and will be deemed to have been made in the Province of Alberta, and for all purposes will be governed exclusively by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and the rights and remedies of the parties will be determined in accordance with those laws.
17. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Company and Affiliate, and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. The Company may modify the terms of this agreement from time to time, and it is Affiliate’s responsibility to check for any changes.